Sunday, August 24, 2008

"And we have a Winner!" Three actually!

My last post introduced you to my newest painting, 'Showy Refuge'. Her debut exhibit is the 2008 Michigan State Fair Fine Arts Competition. I'm pleased to announce that 'Showy Refuge' has been awarded First Place in the Professional Michigan Wildlife Division.
I was also given two awards for the 2007 Julie Kane Peoples Choice Award, a Third Place for 'Tropical Tree House' ,which is now in private collection in the United Kingdom, and an Honorable Mention for 'Sudden Encounter' which can be viewed on my web site. These works are chosen by the visiting public who are able to vote for there favorite works of art. Thank you to all who voted for my work. It is greatly appreciated.
The 2008 Michigan State Fair is open through September 1st. Don't forget to vote for your favorite work of art.

No comments: