Friday, January 20, 2012

Relief paintings.

I've been playing around with Light Modeling Paste over the last several months and it's a lot of fun to work with.  This latest piece was a practice for a  larger canvas that I've been working on for an up-coming exhibit in Ferndale, MI. (Feb. 24-April 9).  More to come on that!


This canvas is 8x8 inches and is simply titled "Root Relief". Clever Hugh! This one is priced at $125.00.
Anyway I like the results both on this one and the larger 24x24 inch canvas. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I really like the red berries. Would you hate me if I suggested to add one or two more just peaking out from behind the branches somewhere? They would seem more integrated with the rest.

Tim Marsh said...

Of course I wouldn't hate you! The only problem with your suggestion is that these are really roots attached to the bark of the tree so the berries couldn't grow under them.